Friday, June 01, 2007

Glider Flying

One of the presents i got for my 30th birthday was the promise from Linus (aerodynamics guy from Volvo trucks) to go Glider flying. Linus has had his license for a fair few years now (otherwise i may not have went). The weather was absolutely fantastic, calm and clear...not to mention very hot. It was a long relaxed day, as we had to wait for our slot in the air...and i have to admit that i was very nervous. When it came our time i put on my parachute...which nobody explained how to use i might add...and up we went. For the whole 5 minutes behind the tow plane i could not open my eyes. I didnt actually expect to be that nervous. Once we were loose though i calmed down (the hyperventilating went away)!! It was absolutely fantastic, and very smooth as well. I managed to stay up for a whole 35 minutes before the sick feeling started. It is a little bit bumpy when you are trying to climb. It was a great day..with a great view. I look forward to doing it again Linus. And perhaps getting my own license in the future???

No comments: