Sunday, December 03, 2006

Teaching in Luleå

Spent an interesting couple of days in Luleå (very northern Sweden). Actually had to lecture to just over 100 students, and then run a sketching workshop with about 30 students. Talking in front of 100 people was a bit of a new experience for me, but it went really well. I actually went over time...with no complaints. The students were not actually training to be designers, more studio engineers. It was good to try to show how important the role of studio engineering is in matching the designers ideas to engineering led production reality. Hopefully these two days lecturing will lead to more, as I had a great time running them. By the way, the picture is here is actually from a few hours I spent teaching at HDK in Göteborg. I didnt take any pictures at Lueleå. Everybody say hi to Linnea.

No comments: