Sunday, October 01, 2006

FH16 ROADSHOW day one and two

Did not sleep much the night before.....I have been looking forward to this journey SOOO much. Anyway, it was an early flight, so we were in the airport at about 7.30ish. Johans observation is very true; it doesnt matter what time it is.....people drink beer in airports. Would these people have a beer at 7.30 in the morning at home?? Anyway, we met up with Linus on the way and arrived in Bratislavia at about mid day. First impression it made on me was how much it feels like Russia. Although the other curious thing I noticed was how many advertising bill boards line the side of the road. Didnt get any pictures because I was just too tired, but will try to get some before I leave.

We were collected from the airport by the hotel taxi and then it was a 45minute drive to the town of Piestany. After dropping off our things we went directly to the event and straight away realised that this is going to be a LOT of fun. As you can see there are even dancing girls!!. The trucks are awesome, and everybody has been really friendly since we arrived (not just saying that in case they read this by the way). Spent the day just soaking up the atmosphere and checking out all the trucks and trailers. I also managed to have a go on a hovercraft! Anyway, at the end of the day we all went back to the hotel, and since sunday is a day off (it is illegal to drive a truck on sunday), we all had a nice evening dinner with plenty of wine. Johan, Linus and myself then went into town to try out one of the local nightclubs. It was pretty good and the prices are very cheap. Many people speak good engllish here (better then in germany) so managed to meet a few interesteing people.

After a little lounge in bed on sunday morning I decided to take a cycle through the town . Its a very grey place.....and it seems to be a country with not a lot of money. All the buildings and apartments seem very run down, although in the centre of town things seem better. I didnt once see what you would describe as even a middle class house though. They do have a famous spa here though that was interesting. Either way, it was nice to have a cycle round and work up an appetite. It will be early to bed tonight though (perhaps after a sauna) as we leave early monday morning for Austria. I have posted some other pictures underneath for you all to take a look at. Enjoy. Oh...and would everybody at work please leave some comments!!! I want to here what you all think of my adventures.


Did not take too many pictures at the show as i was too busy wandering round. The trucks are awesome though, and i cant wait to get me grubby little hands on one. I did have a wander around the next day after the show to take some pictures though. The building below was actually right next door to our hotel. I just thought it was really interesting looking. I have no idea what it is, what happened to it, and why it is still there. It was pretty spooky anyway.

No comments: